How is my property zoned?

Each zone is shown on the Official Zoning Map (PDF). The zoning ordinance contains zone district that states permitted uses and design information pertaining to setbacks, density, structure height, lot size, etc. The City consists of the following zoning districts:

  • AGRICULTURAL a General Agricultural District
  • AO-1 Airport Overlay District
  • C-1 Central Commercial District
  • C-2 General Commercial District
  • C-3 Neighborhood Commercial District
  • Floodway District
  • HO-1 Historic Overlay District
  • I-1 Restricted Manufacturing and Warehousing District
  • I-2 Heavy Industrial District
  • OPEN SPACE OS-1 Open Space Preservation District
  • R-1 Low Density Residential District
  • R-1A Large Lot Residential District
  • R-2 Medium Density Residential District
  • R-3 High Density Residential District
  • R-4 High Density Residential/ Mobile Home Park District

To learn more about zoning district schedules and the zoning ordinance, visit our Planning and Zoning page.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out if my property is located in unincorporated Coffee County, Franklin County, or Tullahoma? Why is that important?
2. How is my property zoned?
3. When should I apply for a zoning permit?
4. How can I found out the rules for developing or making use of my property?
5. How do I know if my proposal complies with the zoning ordinance?
6. What is a Comprehensive Land Use Plan, and what is it used for?
7. Can you explain the terms "grandfathering" and "non-conforming", as well as how they apply?